Tuesday, February 20, 2007

There was a step above, and Wendy, you may be sure, was the
first to recognize it.

"Children, I hear your father's step. He likes you to meet him
at the door."

Above, the redskins crouched before Peter.

"Watch well, braves. I have spoken."

And then, as so often before, the gay children dragged him from
his tree. As so often before, but never again.

He had brought nuts for the boys as well as the correct time
for Wendy.

"Peter, you just spoil them, you know," Wendy simpered
[exaggerated a smile].

"Ah, old lady," said Peter, hanging up his gun.

"It was me told him mothers are called old lady," Michael
whispered to Curly.

"I complain of Michael," said Curly instantly.

The first twin came to Peter. "Father, we want to dance."

"Dance away, my little man," said Peter, who was in high good
humour.

"But we want you to dance."